Our churches are seeing a dramatic increase in “church graduations”, where children raised in the church leave after graduating from high school, never to return. Why? Because they were never sufficiently challenged to learn and to stand strongly for the basics of true Biblical Christianity. Our hope is that Awana will stem that tide.
Awana launches its new year TONIGHT! Our expanded program includes Bible lessons on the fundamentals of Christianity, Bible memorization, and FUN — for older 2 to younger 3-year-olds (Puggles), older 3 to 5 year olds (Cubbies – launching a “new and improved” program), K-2nd graders (Sparks), 3rd – 6th graders (T&T) and, 6th graders (optionally) and up (Trek).
Why Awana? Because kids are important to GOD.
Our Awana program would like to expand to include older 2-year-olds and younger 3′s in an Awana club called Puggles. We need a willing worker, (or two) to join Cristi Maderia in this ministry. Would you please consider joining us on Sunday afternoons from 4:00 PM to 5:45 PM for Puggles?
Our society seems to be placing less-and-less importance on Biblical truths and more-and-more emphasis on moral relativism and political correctness. It has been found that if children are not introduced to Biblical values by the time they are 14 years old, the chance that they will ever know (let alone value) the purposes of GOD in Christ diminish rapidly as they grow older. The result is that as adults, they will experience hopelessness, living selfish lives devoid of meaningful purpose. The goal of the Awana ministry at NRBC is to build a strong biblical foundation in the lives of kids, youth, and their families through a program of Bible teaching, scripture memorization/understanding, and FUN.
Please join us on Sundays from 4:00 PM to 5:45 PM .
What Has God Called Me to Be?
- Only about 10-15 percent of youth raised in the church have a biblical worldview when they finish high school;
- Heading out to life on their own, 69-94 percent of young adults will also walk away from the church
But in Christ there’s hope!
- When parents and churches come together to intentionally teach God’s Word throughout childhood and adolescence, they can move kids toward spiritual maturity, resulting in life-defining, long-lasting impact.
- A lifelong, fruitful relationship with Jesus.
Join Us …
- for the Awana® Clubs at North Run Baptist Church starting on Sunday, September 7, 2014 from 4:00 to 5:45 PM.
- For children ages 3-4 and children in grades K-6.